Friday, February 11, 2011

Key Air has tenant improvement work at Kaiser Hospital in Baldwin Park

1011 Baldwin Park Blvd./Baldwin Park
 I found out about this project from a 105 member who happen to have a doctors appointment and called me up to find out who was working here. It turns out that Key Air will be doing the HVAC on this 16,000 sq. ft. remodel. I met with the general Superintendent (Swinerton Builders) who also told me that the work will include a new exhaust fan on the roof and shaft ductwork (6 floors worth).



 I called up an old student of mine (I taught at the JATC for a couple of years) who happens to be a Foreman at Key Air and he told me that the Foreman running this project is Steve Valdez. He also told me that Key Air does not have a Superintendent and that all the hiring in the company comes from the project Foremen.

 Now before you get too excited he also told me that Key Air is kind of slow right now, so most likely existing employees may be moved over to this site. There is a gang box and 7 ladders locked up in the suite but the floor hasn't been laid out yet. Key Air will probably start working there in a week or 2. He also told me that Key Air picked up a good size project in Barstow.......yes I said Barstow, and he's sure that they will need a few guys for that project, which is scheduled to start in March.

 I don't know how good your chances are of getting on the Kaiser job, but since Key Air lets their Foremen do the hiring it may not be a bad idea to stop by and introduce yourself to Steve Valdez if you get the chance. You never know what future opportunities may come out of it. Good Luck.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks to Wilmer for giving me the heads up about this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the leads that are helpful to the union members that are seeking work.long past due. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great opportunity for folks for some work. It's great that you are passing leads along to others in the business,

    ReplyDelete